Training Achievements - 2022 - 2023
Training Achievements - 2023 - 2024 *
State Institute of Rural Development & Panchayat RajState Institute of Rural Development & Panchayat raj is the apex institution for organizing training programmes to the Elected Representatives of PRIs ; Officials of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj Department . It was established in the year 1961 and registered as a Society , under the Tamil Nadu Registration of Societies Act , 1975. It started functioning in its own campus at Maraimalai Nagar since 1991 .
SIRD & PR's Location :
SIRD & PR is situated in a sprawling campus of 25 acres in Maraimalai Nagar, Kancheepuram district about 43 Kms from Chennai on NH45 Road near Maraimalai Nagar Railway Station . The distance between SIRD & PR and Chennai Airport is 30 Kms. Maraimalai Nagar is accessible by bus and train. The nearest sub - urban Railway station is Maraimalai nagar - Kamarajar which is at a stone's throw. For the southern district participants, all the Express Trains stop at Chengalpattu Junction (13 Kms ) and Tambaram Junction ( 17 Kms ) .
Vision of SIRD & PR :The vision of SIRD & PR is to concentrate on development of human resources , to upgrade the skill, knowledge, capability and aptitude of the Elected Representatives, Officers and Functionaries and other stakeholders of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj Department , thus enabling better management and efficient and effective implementation of the policies and programmes of the Government that benefit the rural masses .
Centre for Panchayat Raj (CPR) / State Panchayat Resource Centre (SPRC)
The Centre for Panchayat Raj/State Panchayat Resource Centres (SPRC), is one of the Centres at SIRDPR-Tamil Nadu. This Centre is catering to the capacity building needs of the People’s elected representatives of District and Panchayat Union levels and Officers and functionaries from BDO / Union Engineer and above. The Ministry of Panchayat Raj established SPRC at SIRDPRs. The centre is expected to be focus on organising write shops, Trainers Training Programmes (TOT), Training programmes, development of modules, preparation of Hand Books on thematic areas, conduct research, documentation of case studies and best practices and as per prescribed from time to time.
The CPR/SPRC has the following Human Resources at SIRDPR-TN:• Faculty and Centre i/c – Lecturer (1)
• Faculty – Assistant Directors of RD & PR (2)
• Junior Programmer (1)
• Assistant (1)
• Office Assistant (1)
Centre for Panchayat Raj conduct direct Training and also through on-line Training programmes for the following Clientele.
Clientele for the Centre:
1. District Panchayat Chairpersons
2. District Panchayat Ward Members
3. Block Panchayat Chairpersons
4. Students, General Public, Retired Officers and others in Certificate Course.
5. Officers connected to data management in the IT Portals like e-gram swaraj..,
6. Resource Persons (Certified by NIRDPR/possessing PG/UG) on various thematic areas attending ToT (Training of Trainers).
Centre for Programme Implementation (CPI)
The Centre for Programme Implementation is one of the functional Centres at SIRD & PR Tamil Nadu. The Centre focuses on Providing institutional platform for capability building of officials and staff.
CPI is functioning with the following staff
• Assistant Director / Lecturer (1)
• Assistant (1)
Activities of the Centre
• To impart capability building training for all officials
• Preparation of training modules and materials for all schemes of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department schemes.
• Coordinate with NIRD & PR in their Centre respective trainings and activities
• Co ordinate with IRMA Gujarat in their Centre respective training activities
• Organize exposure visits across the state and the country to their respective clientele
• Conduct webinars to officials and staff
• Promote model panchayats in their thematic area in coordination with the Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department.
• Documentation of best practices in Rural development and panchayat Raj Schemes.
• To send proposal to TWAD on JJM to be conducted training
• Preparation of Annual action plan for conducting Training related to Centre for Programme implementation
• Coordinate with Directorate Rural Development and Panchayat Raj in their schemes respective activities.
Clientele for the Centre
•All Additional Collectors, Project Directors (DRDA) Project Directors (TNSRLM) in the Department of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj.
•All Executive Engineers Assistant Executive Engineers and Assistant Engineers in the Department of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
• All Assistant Directors / Assistant Project Officers / District Panchayat Secretarial in the Department of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj.
• All Block Development Officers in the Department of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
Centre for Livelihood, Women Empowerment & Enterprises Promotion (CLWE)
The Centre for Livelihood, Women Empowerment and Enterprises Promotion is one of the functional Centres at SIRDPR-Tamil Nadu. The centre focuses on providing institutional platform for poor in rural areas to acquire knowledge and skills for empowerment and for creating sustainable livelihood opportunities.
CLWE is functioning with the following staff:
• Faculty and Centre i/c – Lecturer (1)
• MIS Specialist (1)
• Assistant (1)
• Office Assistant (1)
Activities of the Centre
1. To impart capacity building training for livelihood promotion in farm and non farm sector
2. To educate Cluster Based Organisations on product improvement for promotion of rural products
3. Training Farmer Producer Organisations promoted by TNSRLM for promotion and sustainability and training field staff involved in the promotion of Farmer Producer Organisations.
4. To conduct training programmes on ICTs and its applications to officials of Rural Development and panchayat raj
5. Conducting training on hybrid mode for certain training programmes
6. Conduct of Webinars on various thematic areas
7. Documentation of best practices in the areas of livelihood and enterprises promotion
8. Facilitates learning on good practices & exploring experiences & ideas through exposure/field visit
9. Creating networking with Institutions/Organisations involved in Rural Development across the Country
10. Coordinate with colleges for Students Internship in SIRD & PR
11. Coordinate for exposure visit for college students at SIRD & PR
12. To provide ICT solutions and state-of-the-art infrastructure (Video wall in training halls) at SIRD&PR
13. Conduct of Certificate courses
14. To send proposals to MoPR on Innovation schemes to be implemented for the livelihood promotion in rural areas.
15. Facilitate automation of training and related activities to improve the efficiency( Mobile app for training)
16. Preparation of Training calendar, TNA book material, AAP for conduct of training programmes
Clientele for the Centre
1. Officers involved in Livelihood promotion in the Department of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj- Project Directors, Assistant Project Officers
2. Field staff involved in livelihood promotion in rural areas- Block mission Manager, Block Coordinator, DSMS Assistants
3. Cluster Based Business Organisations( Farmer Producer Organisations)
4. Officers connected to data management in the IT Portals like e-gram swaraj
5. Resource Persons (Certified by NIRDPR/possessing PG/UG) on various thematic areas attending ToT (Training of Trainers).
Centre for Engineering and Technology (CET)
SIRD & PR is imparting training programme to all the technical officials of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj department-Govt of Tamil Nadu. In RD&PR department there are 5233 Nos of technical officials from the Cadre of Superintending Engineer to Road Inspectors who are working for the creation of sustainable infrastructures for the rural community like Buildings, Roads, Bridges, Watershed Management, Sanitation, Housing, Plantation, Solid & Liquid Waste Management, etc.,
The technical officials are appointed either through direct recruitment or by promotion. In order to improvise the skills of field engineers in the department and also enable them to update new techniques and trends it is necessary to give training under various topics related to the construction and maintenance of various engineering activities.
A part from the regular training activities for technical personnel the SIRD & PR also impart training to the other category like Assistant Directors, Block Development Officers, Deputy Block Development Officers, Assistants & Junior Assistants, Contractors, ERs and CBOs regarding technical terms & procedures, Method of construction, Quality control, Estimation & Costing, Measurement Book, Tender procedures, Bills settlement, Modern Surveying and GIS Implementation in the schemes etc.,
The CET centre also under take some of peer knowledge sharing by bringing experts from CRRI-Delhi, NITTTR-Chennai, NIOT-Pallikarani, SRM University - Kattankolathur and other able educationalists.
In addition to the above training activities for the RD&PR department of Tamilnadu officials, SIRD&PR is also impart training to the neighboring state like Telangana on “Best Engineering Practices”.
The CET has the following Human Resources at SIRD& PR–TN
Executive Engineer and Centre i/c–Lecturer(1)
Assistant Executive Engineer(1)
Junior Faculty(GIS) (1)
Clientele for the Centre:
Technical Officials(EEs, AEEs, SDOs, AEs, JEs, Overseers, Road Inspectors, CBOs)
Non-Technical Officials(ADs, BDOs)
Regional Institute of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj
The Regional Institutes of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj at SathiyaVijayaNagaram in Tiruvannamalai district, Krishnagiri in Krishnagiri district, Pattukottai, in Thanjavur district, Bhavanisagar in Erode district and T.Kallupatty in Madurai district are entrusted with the task of imparting training. RIRD & PRs are headed by Principals in the cadre of Additional Director/Joint Director of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department
Regional Institute of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj - SV Nagaram
The RIRD, S.V. Nagaram located in the Village Panchayat limit of Sathya Vijayanagaram, Arani Taluk of Tiruvannamalai district. The building complex of this institute is located amidst marvelous Architectural remains of Jagirs under the Vijayanagar Empire. One of the buildings, the Queen Palace was constructed in French Architecture by a Jagirdhar in 18th Century.
The total area of the training centre is 36.10 acres, which include Orchards, Garden and Farmlands apart from the Palace. New Administrative Block, Three New Hostel Buildings constructed for RIRD&PR are also located in the premises.
Regional Institute of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj - Bhavanisagar
Regional Institute of Rural Development, Bhavanisagar is a Training institute under the control of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj Department situated in Erode District. As Rural Extension Training Centre from 1959 presently the nomenclature of the Institute is called as Regional Institute of Rural Development.
Regional Institute of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj - Krishnagiri
On completion of the Krishnagiri Dam, buildings and lands worth about Rs.1.88 lakhs were purchased in 1958 from Public Works Department for the running of the Regional Institute of Rural Development. The buildings purchased include 2 dormitories and 46 staff quarters. Out of the two Regional Institute of Rural Development functioning at T.Kallupatti (Madurai District), one was shifted to this premise. This Centre started and functioning from 12.02.1958, giving training (Government) to Rural Welfare Officers and Rural Artisans. Training for other Rural Development department personnel has been given from the RIRD thereafter.
Regional Institute of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj - Pattukottai
The RIRD, Pattukkottai located in the Pattukkottai Municipality limit and Pattukkottai Taluk of Thanjavur district. The total area of the training centre is 20.92 acres, which include, Quarters, Workshop and Farmlands. New Administrative Block constructed for RIRD&PR are also located in the premises.
RIRD&PR is headed by a Joint Director cadre official of RD & PR Department. He is assisted by three RD&PR Lecturers of RD and Assistant Director Cadre officials from Local Fund Audit Department also. This centre has multi-disciplinary faculties belonging to Rural Development and Panchayat Raj and Local Fund Audit Departments. Apart from the department officials, Guest Lecturers are also being engaged on the specific areas depending upon the requirements.